Duration: 5 Days
Location: London, Pall Mall
Dates: February 2018; September 2018
Successful managers know their strengths and weaknesses, accentuating the former and minimising the latter. Whether, as a senior manager, you are leading a large organisation, business unit or a high performance team, the Advanced Management Programme will help enhance your management capability.
The Advanced Management Programme is a hands-on programme that takes you on a significant professional and personal journey that challenges your understanding of what ‘good management’ encompasses, whilst developing your appreciation of leadership and how it’s used to inspire outstanding performance in a team or organisation. The programme delivers a high impact experience for managers that connects grounded, evidence-based practice with the use of Harvard organisation case studies employing our SCART methodology.
Throughout the programme, you will be able to use the learned critical analysis and insight which can be applied through a 360° review of managing and leading through differing scenarios. Participants also receive a TI DISC personality profile that provides an accurate insight into their professional work style
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
- Enrich your knowledge and learning experience of management through case studies, exercises, group discussions, critical incident analogy and reflection
- Gain a deep awareness of your own management and leadership style and define what successful business leadership looks like to you
- Real-world relevance – programme content is uniquely based on relevant research and case studies of management in various scenarios
- Join other managers in a dynamic business forum, where dialogue and structured debate challenges, stimulates and inspires
- Learn from leading faculty – internationally recognised as business experts
- Return to your workplace with the skills and knowledge to change/enhance your current area of operations
- Provide a means of identifying your full potential as a business leader using the latest thinking
- Examine the construct of management and its application in organisations
- Specifically, the context of management and challenges faced with regard to:
- Strategy & organisation performance
- Marketing & sales
- Talent management & employee engagement
- Innovation & entrepreneurship
- Leadership & ethics
- Selected case studies of management in organisations in a variety of scenarios
Explore your unique leadership characteristics through a TI DISC personality profile assessment and one-to-one feedback
KEY LEARNING BENEFITS/IMPACT
- Deeper understanding of successful management practice
- Access to the latest research to enhance your capability to understand and act on management imperatives and challenges faced
- Identify your organisation’s capabilities and ‘capability holes’ and its capacity to adapt/change where necessary
- Increased confidence in your ability to lead teams and your organisation
- Develop increased self-awareness through cutting-edge personality profiling and feedback
- Understand your current leadership strengths and weaknesses and build on them
- Takeaway invaluable insights of successful and unsuccessful management approaches and shaping a performance-oriented corporate culture
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Participants on the programme include:
- Managers from all functions, organisation sizes and industry types who have, or will have, general or people management responsibility.
- Managers or general managers of a business unit or part of the management team who are interested in a deeper understanding of facets of leadership and the challenges in organisation settings
- Managers or specialists from a diverse range of backgrounds, including marketing, operations, finance, consultancy, human resources and project management
Please note: at the request of the faculty, we are unable to admit external management/HR consultants into the program at this time.
For any question relating to the programme please contact our admissions team on 0207 887 6108 or e-mail admissions@VaLBS.com.