Duration: 5 Days
Location: London, Pall Mall
Dates: June 2018, September 2018
Today’s and, increasingly, tomorrow’s business environment demand that organisations get their best from their people or ‘talent leverage’ as it is known. Central to this tenet is the focus on employee and manager engagement. The last decade has seen an explosion of organisational intent and energy to improve employee engagement. There is no doubt that the majority of organisations are embracing at least some aspects of a professional approach towards employee engagement, but market evidence questions current commitment in a sizeable proportion of them and challenges certain areas of current practice that are driven by what can be termed ‘conventional’ wisdom.
Thus, when it comes to embedding practice that optimises and/or sustains employee engagement, just how well are organisations doing? How informed are organisations in terms of their understanding of employee engagement? What is the reality in comparison to the rhetoric? Most organisations possess some form of employee engagement strategy but the question is how relevant and effective is it? Questions like these are increasingly heard despite the voluminous publication of ‘expert’ advice and sharing of ‘best practice’, some of it informed and some of it, unfortunately, not so informed.
Strategic Employee Engagement: The Six Pillars™ Bootcamp is a hands-on programme that delivers a high impact experience for managers/practitioners whilst providing them with the latest tools, techniques and a practical framework for embedding successful employee engagement practices within organisations. This intense five-day programme utilises The Six Pillars™ approach and related frameworks which connects grounded, underpinning theory with the use of Harvard organisation case studies employing our SCART methodology. Throughout the programme, you will be able to use the learned critical analysis and insight which can be applied through a 360° review of your organisation’s current employee engagement strategy. Reference is made to VaLUENTiS/VaLBS annual ‘Employee Engagement in Organisations’ research report.
The SEESP Bootcamp will provide you/your team with the requisite tools and a more adaptive approach to employee engagement strategy execution that delivers better organisational performance. This can take many forms, from, for example, (re)defining a working definition of employee engagement for understanding, communication and measurement purposes through to a strategic re-appraisal of organisation EE capabilities (actioning infrastructure) and leadership quality with accompanying potential portfolio of change initiatives. Or it could simply provide a robust reinforcement of your EE strategy ‘in-force’. Last but not least, the programme will increase your own personal critical thinking and employee engagement knowledge skills through evidence based analysis. All those successfully completing the Bootcamp are invited to our PlayMaker™ network.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
- Enrich your knowledge and learning experience through case studies, exercises, group discussions, critical incident analogy and reflection
- Analyse current organisational employee engagement issues
- Identify strategic EE execution challenges and leave with a ‘baseplate’ action plan to implement on your return to the organisation
- Real-world relevance – programme content is uniquely based on relevant research and case studies of successful companies effectively implementing and leveraging employee engagement
- Learn from leading faculty – internationally recognised as business experts
- Takeaway a ‘working’ methodology and approach that can be used repeatedly
- Using the Six Pillars approach that helps to deliver effective employee engagement
- The Employee Engagement concept and importance of an employee engagement definition
- Identifying where your organisation is positioned along the Employee Engagement curve
- Identifying your organisation’s EE capabilities and ‘capability holes’
- Identifying the link with human capital (talent) management practice
- Appraising the process of employee engagement survey data and its measurement
- The application of measurement connecting employee engagement with other attributes of organisational performance
- Developing a realistic business case for EE strategic interventions
- Implementing ‘breakthrough’ EE strategies and creating ‘agendas for change’
- Assessing the implications for the organisation’s stakeholders and their expectations
- Employing License-To-Lead/License-To-Manage programmes
- Creating an organisational EE management ‘Playbook’
KEY LEARNING BENEFITS/IMPACT
- Deeper understanding of the employee engagement multidimensional concept
- Access to the latest thought leadership on employee engagement together with an integrated Employee Engagement strategy toolkit
- Greater appreciation of the employee engagement ‘big picture’ issues and how to address them effectively
- Develop a customised execution plan to implement your strategic objectives
- Creating a strategic decision-making ‘mindset’ when engaging in employee engagement discussions
- The ability to contribute more effectively to embedding employee engagement in your organisation
- Improved skills to create, evaluate and implement EE breakthrough strategies
- Insights into various employee engagement initiatives and associated results/unintended consequences
- Direct feedback on your organisation’s employee engagement issues
- Return to work with relevant and applicable ideas, actions and thinking on high performance work cultures
- Focus to re-think linkages between employee engagement, talent management processes and change programmes with tangible benefits
- Knowledge and confidence to successfully confront and challenge employee engagement ‘challengers’
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Participants on the programme include:
- Senior executives, including CEOs and board members responsible for strategy execution in organisations or who have responsibility for the delivery and implementation of strategic change projects and programmes
- HR Directors/senior HR practitioners
- Managers from all functions, organisation sizes and industry types who have, or will have, people management responsibility
- Managers or general managers of a business unit or part of the management team who are interested in understanding employee engagement and the challenges to successful embedding and its leverage
- Professionals managing projects that cut across different business units
Please note: at the request of the faculty, we are unable to admit external management/HR consultants into the program at this time.
For any question relating to the programme please contact our admissions team on 0207 887 6108 or e-mail admissions@VaLBS.com.