Duration: 5 Days
Location: London, Pall Mall
Dates: 20-24 June 2016; 5-9 December 2016
Most organisations acknowledge that talent management is an essential component in achieving success and that ‘talent leverage’, in many cases, can be the only differentiating factor in forging competitive advantage. The last decade has seen an explosion of organisational intent and energy to embrace talent management and the majority of organisations has made strides in forming a cohesive philosophy and strategy that translates into frontline impact. However, there are different interpretations of what talent management encompasses with ‘best practice’ too widely diffused and much inconsistency or sub-optimal performance remains.
Thus, when it comes to embedding practice that optimises talent management just how well are organisations doing? Most organisations possess a talent management strategy but how effective is it? How informed are organisations in terms of their understanding of talent management and just what is ‘best practice’? How do organisations measure talent management sufficiently in order to manage it? Organisations need to know the answers if they wish to succeed or, indeed, survive going forward.
Strategic Talent Management Clarity & Execution Programme is a hands-on programme that delivers a high impact experience for managers/practitioners whilst providing them with the latest tools, techniques and a practical framework for embedding successful talent management practices within organisations. This intense five-day programme utilises The TM-7F™ approach and related frameworks which connects grounded, underpinning theory with the use of Harvard organisation case studies employing our SCART methodology. Throughout the programme, you will be able to use the learned critical analysis and insight which can be applied through a 360° review of your organisation’s current talent management strategy. Use Programme participants will also gain access to the ground-breaking ManagementPathfinder™ assessment and reporting system.
The STMC&E Programme will provide you/your team with the requisite tools and a more adaptive approach to talent management strategy execution that delivers better organisational performance. This can take many forms, from, for example, (re)defining a definition of talent management for understanding, communication and measurement purposes through to a strategic re-appraisal of organisation TM capabilities and/or processes. Or it could simply provide a robust reinforcement of your current talent management strategy ‘in-force’. Last but not least, the programme will increase your own personal critical thinking and talent management knowledge skills through evidence based analysis. All those successfully completing the programme are invited to our PlayMaker™ network.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
- Enrich your knowledge and learning experience through case studies, exercises, group discussions, critical incident analogy and reflection
- Analyse current organisational talent management issues
- Identify strategic TM execution challenges and leave with a ‘baseplate’ action plan to implement on your return to the organisation
- Real-world relevance – programme content is uniquely based on relevant research and case studies of successful companies effectively implementing and leveraging employee engagement
- Learn from leading faculty – internationally recognised as business experts
- Takeaway a ‘working’ methodology and approach that can be used repeatedly
- Using the TM-7F approach that helps to deliver effective employee engagement
- The Talent Management concept and importance of a talent management definition
- Identifying where your organisation is positioned along the Talent Management curve
- Identifying your organisation’s TM capabilities and ‘capability holes’
- Identifying the link with employee engagement
- Appraising the talent management ‘clock’
- The application of measurement connecting talent management with other attributes of organisational performance
- Developing a realistic business case for TM strategic interventions
- Implementing ‘breakthrough’ TM strategies and creating ‘agendas for change’
- Assessing the implications for the organisation’s stakeholders and their expectations
- Employing License-To-Lead/License-To-Manage programmes
- Creating an organisational TM management ‘Playbook’
KEY LEARNING BENEFITS/IMPACT
- Deeper understanding of talent management as a multidimensional construct
- Access to the latest thought leadership on talent management together with an integrated Talent Management strategy toolkit
- Greater appreciation of the talent management ‘big picture’ issues and how to address them effectively
- Develop a customised execution plan to implement your strategic objectives
- Creating a strategic decision-making ‘mindset’ when engaging in talent management discussions
- The ability to contribute more effectively to embedding talent management in your organisation
- Improved skills to create, evaluate and implement TM breakthrough strategies
- Insights into various Talent Management initiatives and associated results/unintended consequences
- Direct feedback on your organisation’s talent management issues
- Return to work with relevant and applicable ideas, actions and thinking on highly performing talent management cultures
- Focus to re-think linkages between talent management, employee engagement processes and change programmes with tangible benefits
- Knowledge and confidence to successfully become a talent management ‘champion’
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Participants on the programme include:
- Senior executives, including CEOs and board members responsible for strategy execution in organisations or who have responsibility for the delivery and implementation of strategic change projects and programmes
- HR Directors/senior HR practitioners
- Managers from all functions, organisation sizes and industry types who have, or will have, people management responsibility
- Managers or general managers of a business unit or part of the management team who are interested in understanding talent management and the challenges to successful embedding and its leverage
- Professionals managing projects that cut across different business units
Please note: at the request of the faculty, we are unable to admit external management/HR consultants into the program at this time.
For any question relating to the programme please contact our admissions team on 0207 887 6108 or e-mail admissions@VaLBS.com.